Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hey everyone! Everything here has been going pretty well. I have been attending classes and have been getting pretty interested in them. I have now had almost 3 full weeks of classes and I'm starting to become more familiar with campus. I am looking into volunteering at a Kindergarten here. I found a program that works with study abroad students who are Education majors. It should be a great experience for me. I have not done much travelling since the last time I wrote but we did make a day trip to a beautiful beach on the west coast called Piha beach. It is a beach with black sand and beautiful rocks. We climbed to the top of "Lion Rock" which is the huge rock that you can see in the pictures. It was such a beautiful day! The view from the top of the rocks was incredible. It was such a little town but the scenery was just amazing. Ashley learned how to surf and Kelsey and I just went swimming in the water. It was freezing and the currents were really strong there! We had a great day! This weekend we are taking a road trip to Coromandel Peninsula. It is about a 2 and a half hour drive. It is supposed to be just beautiful there! I will write more after our trip!

1 comment:

  1. jess, it's good that your shortest entry is about classes=) i think about you every day (actually many times a day) and hope that you are soaking it all in. it will go fast. please be safe.
    i love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete