Monday, April 20, 2009

Brisbane, Australia

On April 3, I flew to Brisbane to meet my friend Aditi who is studying there. My roommate Kelsey came the next day because she had Friday classes that she could not miss. We had a two hour delay because of a technical problem with the plane (which totally freaked me out). Everything was fine and once I got to Brisbane, I took the train to meet Aditi and her friend Brittney at Central Station. It was so good to see her! Once we got to her apartment, we got ready for an Australian footy game (their version of football). We went to see the Brisbane Broncos! It was so cool! I went to see a rugby game in Auckland, but I definitely liked this better because it was a lot easier to understand. We had a lot of fun. On the walk home, I saw my first HUGE Australian bat! Those who have never heard of these massive bats, you should look them up online. They are huge! I was not aware that Australia had these bats so when I saw it, I freaked out. I didn't like that one bit and they are everywhere! That was not so much fun but the game was awesome! The next day, Aditi and I got up early to meet Kelsey at the train station. We went to get some breakfast and tried to catch the bus to the Koala Sanctuary but it never came! When it started getting late, we just decided to go the next day. We walked around the city (which is really cute) and Aditi showed us some different interesting landmarks. That night, we went to meet up with some of her friends. I grew up with one of them! It was weird to randomly run into someone that I know from Belmar! We went out and listened to a live band who was really good. We had an awesome time! The next day we tried to catch the bus to see the koalas again but they don't run on Sundays! We had the worst luck with those busses! The next day, Kelsey and I made it to the Koala Sanctuary! Aditi couldn't come because she had class but we went and it was awesome! We got to hold koala bears and we even held a huge snake!! Then we went in and got to feed kangaroos! They just hop right up to you and you get to feed them. It was such an awesome experience! Then we went back to Aditi's apartment and got ready to go to South Bank. There is a huge ferris wheel there that we all wanted to go on! It looked so cool at night when it was all lit up. After the ferris wheel, we walked around and saw street performers who were juggling and doing other cool tricks. We got back on the ferry and took it to Riverside to get some ice cream. The next day, I woke up early and went for a run. Then Kelsey and I took the ferry to the train station to get to the airport. We flew seperately because the airline she took would not accept my Debit Card. However, we took off 5 minutes apart from each other. So we landed relatively at the same time. Then we were on our way to Sydney!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment