Monday, April 20, 2009

Queenstown!

We got to Queenstown around dinnertime on the 15th, right after Milford Sound. So many hostels were completely full so it took us a while to find one with room for us. We found one though and we got some dinner and made friends with the other people there. We all decided to go out for our only night in Queenstown! I ended up meeting someone who goes to school right down the street from me in Towson! It is such a small world! We had a really good time. The next morning, we were going to do a canyon swing, but it was way to expensive. So we took a gondola ride up to the top of a mountain. The view of Queenstown was incredible! When we got to the top, we did a luge ride just for fun. It's a kids ride but we had a good time with it! Then we went to watch the bungy jumpers. We saw someone doing the canyon swing and we decided we had to do it! It was a smaller and a lot less expensive one so we decided we should. We got weighed and all suited up. Kelsey went first. She screamed the whole time! I went next and I took forever to do it! You have to sit in the harness in mid-air and then you have to pull the rope when you're ready to fall. So basically, it's all up to you. I eventually did it and I absolutely loved it! You fly right over the water and the town! It's really just amazing. I was shaking for a while after I was pulled back up but it was so worth doing and I absolutely loved it! Then we rode the gondolas down the mountain again and headed for Franz Josef Glacier! It's a pretty long ride but it's going to be worth it! We had an amazing time in Queenstown!

No comments:

Post a Comment